[Numpy-discussion] average of array containing NaN

Giorgio F. Gilestro giorgio at gilestro.tk
Mon Jun 25 15:36:16 EDT 2007

Masked array seems definitely to be the way to go, thanks a lot.

I must say that this entire issue doesn't make much sense to me: my
understanding is the a NaN is different from an INF, therefore one
would assume that really there is no reason why a not-number should
not be ignored by default by all the array manipulating functions.