[Numpy-discussion] Putting some random back into the top-level?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:01:21 EST 2007

Has enough time passed with no top level random function that we can
now put one back in?
If I recall, the former top level rand() was basically removed because
it didn't adhere to the "shapes are always tuples" convention.

Has enough time passed now that we can put something like it back in
the top level, in tuple-taking form?

I think this is a function people use pretty frequently when writing
quick tests.
And numpy.random.random_sample seems a rather long and not so obvious
name for something that is used relatively frequently.

--bb