[Numpy-discussion] Vectorized ufuncs with OS X frameworks

Eric Brown brown at northwestern.edu
Fri Mar 9 09:32:38 EST 2007

Hi All,

	I have a set of large arrays to which I have to do exp functions
over and over again. I am wondering if there is any benefit to
teaching numpy how to use the vForce frameworks to do this function.

	Does anyone have experience hacking the source to get numpy to use
system libraries to do vectorized versions of sqrt, exp, log,
addition, etc.?  I am also interested in doing this for other
operating systems.

Best regards,

Eric