[Numpy-discussion] swig svn commits

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Sat Mar 24 21:15:34 EDT 2007

OK.  So if I understand this correctly, PyArray_EquivTypenums() can't
do native byte order checking.  But I'm assuming PyArray_EquivTypes()
could.  Unfortunately, the numpy.i typemaps are based on the
enumerated typenums, not PyArray_Descr objects.

There are a couple of other places where the more sophisticated
PyArray_Descr approach would be beneficial, such as for bools and
complex types (as well as a bunch of others, I'm assuming), so I'm
open to it, but it would take some work.