[Numpy-discussion] Possible Numeric bug with python-2.5

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:31:44 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 14:15:06 Fernando Perez wrote:
> On 5/2/07, Darren Dale <dd55 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > I know Numeric is no longer supported, but I just upgraded to python-2.5
> > and now I'm having problems indexing Numeric arrays:
>
> Fine on 32-bit ubuntu, using Python 2.5:

> But I think that Numeric isn't 100% 64-bit safe (perhaps when run
> under Python 2.5).

My understanding is that Python 2.5 started using Py_ssize_t instead of int,
to increase the number of data that can be handled on 64b. We just observed
that w/ the timeseries package: a int in the C API prevented a dictionary to
be initialized properly on Python 2.5, which prevented the package to be
loaded properly.