[Numpy-discussion] very large matrices.

Dave P. Novakovic davidnovakovic at gmail.com
Sun May 13 23:35:54 EDT 2007

There are definitely elements of spectral graph theory in my research
too. I'll summarise

We are interested in seeing the each eigenvector from svd can
represent in a semantic space
In addition to this we'll be testing it against some algorithms like
concept indexing (uses a bipartitional k-meansish method for dim
reduction)
also testing against Orthogonal Locality Preserving indexing, which
uses the laplacian of a similarity matrix to calculate projections of
a document (or term) into a manifold.

These methods have been implemented and tested for document
classification, I'm interested in seeing their applicability to
modelling semantics with a system known as Hyperspace to analog
language.

I was hoping to do svd to my HAL built out of reuters, but that was
way too big. instead i'm trying with the traces idea i mentioned
before (ie contextually grepping a keyword out of the docs to build a
space around it.)

Cheers

Dave