[Numpy-discussion] 64-bit Numpy (ppc64)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue May 15 14:30:01 EDT 2007

Ryan Welch wrote:
> When I run a normal build, it always uses -arch ppc -arch i386 to compile C
> sources. I'd like to get it to do -arch ppc64 instead, and remove the
> unnecessary i386 if at all possible.

Is your Python Universal? I suspect so. If you don't want a Universal
build, then you may have to go find the right flags to build Python for
PPC only, then distutils should work for you. If you do want a Universal
Python, then why not a Universal numpy?

This has been discussed on the pythonmac list -- a scan of the archives
there should give you your options: