[Numpy-discussion] Documentation

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue May 15 15:02:01 EDT 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Charles R Harris apparently wrote:
> The item in a consolidated list is divided into three
> parts: name, type, explanation. I see no way in the CSS to
> control the display of those parts, although it might be
> an undocumented feature. I basically want it to look like
> a definition list with maybe the current default for type,
> which puts it in parenthesis.

OK, I see.
To control this we need a very small change in output.
Instead of::

    <dl class="docutils">
        <dd>my explanation</dd>
    </dl>

I think (as long as the colon is ok) we just need::

    <dl class="docutils parameterlist">
        <dt>
        <code class="link parameter">myvar</code>:
        </dt>
        <dd>my explanation</dd>
    </dl>

This actually seems a very appropriate change for epydoc and
fully backwards compatible.  I'll copy this to Ed Loper and
see if he will consider making this change. (I'm not sure he
is monitoring this discussion any longer.)

Cheers,
Alan