[Numpy-discussion] numpy.distutils improvements (was Re: NumPy 1.0.3 release next week)

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri May 18 04:30:09 EDT 2007

Hi Travis,

I have pretty much completed work with

   http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/522

that is about using proper compilers/linkers for
individual extension modules instead of using the
one compiler/linker set for all extension modules
in distribution - this allows one to define Fortran77,
Fortran90, C++ based extension modules in the same
setup.py file.

I haven't applied patches to svn yet as they modify
build_ext.py and build_clib.py modules quite a bit
and I haven't test my changes with cygwin/mingw
compilers, though related bugs, if any, should be
easy to fix.

What are your current plans with numpy 1.0.3 release?
Do we have enough time (couple of days, I guess)
to iron out numpy.distutils for untested platforms
or shall I wait until 1.0.3 is out?

Best regards,
Pearu