[Numpy-discussion] Documentation

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:59:21 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Travis Vaught <travis at enthought.com> wrote:

> Just to be thorough...
>
> enthought's endo package generates the attached docs when running this:
>
> python ~/svnrepos/enthought/src/lib/enthought/endo/scripts/endo.py -r
> core -p core --rst -d docs
>

> I don't want to confuse the numpy documentation landscape, but if
> anything in endo is useful, we'd love to see it get some use.

Thanks,

Examples of the various types of  documentation produced by the different
markups can be found in the module fromnumeric. Do you have any preferences?
I note that the html produced by endo has no background coloration or
emphasis of list item labels such as produced by epydoc. It looks like the
first can be changed in the default.css, but I wasn't clear if the latter
could also be added.

There now seem to be three different document creation programs: pydoc,
epydoc, and endo. Does anyone know how compatible these all are? I think it
would be best to go with the most widespread program that looks like it will
be maintained.

Chuck