[Numpy-discussion] Linux numpy 1.0.1 install failed

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:09:17 EDT 2007

Gong, Shawn (Contractor) wrote:
> Thank you Robert for the quick reply.  I have been fighting this for a
> while.
>
> site.cfg file is attached.  It is sitting in my development dir called
> /home/sgong/dev/numpy-1.0.1/ (same as setup.py)

You are missing some of the ATLAS libraries. See this section in the
site.cfg.example (I don't recall if it made it into 1.0.1):

# Defaults
# ========
# The settings given here will apply to all other sections if not overridden.
# This is a good place to add general library and include directories like
# /usr/local/{lib,include}
#
#[DEFAULT]
#library_dirs = /usr/local/lib
#include_dirs = /usr/local/include

# Optimized BLAS and LAPACK
# -------------------------
# Use the blas_opt and lapack_opt sections to give any settings that are
# required to link against your chosen BLAS and LAPACK, including the regular
# FORTRAN reference BLAS and also ATLAS. Some other sections still exist for
# linking against certain optimized libraries (e.g. [atlas], [lapack_atlas]),
# however, they are now deprecated and should not be used.
#
# These are typical configurations for ATLAS (assuming that the library and
# include directories have already been set in [DEFAULT]; the include directory
# is important for the BLAS C interface):
#
#[blas_opt]
#libraries = f77blas, cblas, atlas
#
#[lapack_opt]
#libraries = lapack, f77blas, cblas, atlas

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco