[Numpy-discussion] FW: RE: Linux numpy 1.0.1 install failed

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:55:32 EDT 2007

Gong, Shawn (Contractor) wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I added ref to site.cfg, but still getting the same error message: see
> "out.txt" file.
>
> It seems that install can't find the libraries in /usr/local/lib/atlas/
> (see the "out.txt" file Line 14: libraries lapack,blas not found in
> /usr/local/lib/atlas)

Delete your [atlas] section entirely. It is wrong. Follow the instructions in
the example. To make this clear, use exactly the following text in your site.cfg:

[blas_opt]
library_dirs = /usr/local/lib/atlas
libraries = f77blas, cblas, atlas

[lapack_opt]
library_dirs = /usr/local/lib/atlas
libraries = lapack, f77blas, cblas, atlas

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco