[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.0.3 for OS-X

Russell E Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Tue May 29 18:03:44 EDT 2007

In article <46560757.2000005 at noaa.gov>,
 David L Goldsmith <David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hold on again, I think I did it: it works on my BSN Intel Mac and Chris
> is about to test it on his not-so-new PPC Mac.  Assuming I built a
> viable product, how do I put it in the right place (i.e., @
> http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html)?  Thanks!

Put it on a server and send the link to Bob Ippolito: bob (insert at
here) redivi (insert dot here) com

Two other suggestions:
- Include the date in your filename. That way if you have to modify the
installer users can tell there's been a change.
- Make it a .dmg file (e.g. by running Disk Utility and drag it onto the
icon in the dock). I've found a few users have trouble with zip files.

Thank you for doing this.

-- Russell