[Numpy-discussion] Vista installer?

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:17:25 EDT 2007

Success.   I think this is officially a viable alternative for running
Scipy/Numpy/Matplotlib/IPython in Vista.  I turned off my firewall on
my host (XP) and I was able to browse the internet in Ubuntu.  Andrew
was right that I still couldn't ping, but I seem to have everything
else.  And with shared folders enabled I seem to have some default SMB
stuff set up.  I couldn't successfully browse the shares of my
partitions (C$, E$, ...), but I did specifically share a folder (from
windows) and editted a Python file in that folder from within VMware.
The available shared folders showed up under Places > Network as I
should have expected for Ubuntu SMB shares.

Another of my students supposedly has everything working in Vista with
no problems.  I will have to check that out and report back.

Ryan