[Numpy-discussion] SciPy Journal

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu May 31 13:24:04 EDT 2007

Anne Archibald wrote:
> I implemented the Kuiper statistic and would be happy to
> contribute it to scipy (once it's seen a bit more debugging), but it's
> quite adequately described in the literature already, so it doesn't
> seem worth writing an article about it.

It could be a very short article that refers the seminal papers in the
existing literature -- that would still be very helpful.

>> 2) I think it's scope should be limited to papers that describe
>> algorithms and code that are in NumPy / SciPy / SciKits.

I don't see any reason to limit it -- honestly, the problem is more
likely to be too few articles than too many! Anything that would make
sense at the SciPy conference should be fair game. We might want to have
a clear structure that isolates the NumPy/SciPy/SciKits articles though.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov