[Numpy-discussion] Assessing the use of packages

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:56:03 EST 2007

All,

It's evaluation time in my department (Bio. & Ag. Engng, UGA), and I'd need to
document the impact of my Python contributions on the scientific community at
large, or more realistically on the numpy/scipy user community...

* Is there a way to estimate how many people installed one particular package
from the SVN ?

* if it's too tricky, would anybody using maskedarray and/or timeseries and/or
pyloess (the SVN packages I helped implementing) mind dropping me a line
off-list, with a very short description of the main field of research/use ?
I'd basically need some kind of numbers to give to the People-In-Charge.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time.

P.

PS: Sorry for the cross-posting..