[Numpy-discussion] display numpy array as image

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 29 23:59:05 EST 2007

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! All very informative and most
helpful.

For what it's worth, here's my application: I'm building a tool for
image processing which needs some manual input in a few places (e.g.
user draws a few lines). The images are greyscale images with 12-14
bits of dynamic range (from a microscope), so I need to have some
basic brightness/contrast/gamma controls, as well as allowing basic
drawing on the image to get the needed user input. It looks like GL
or wx will be best suited here, I think? (I presume that python/numpy/
[GL|wx] can keep up with things like dragging a slider to change
brightness/contrast/other LUT changes, as long as I code reasonably.)

Anyhow, thanks for all the input,

Zach