[Numpy-discussion] Use of PyArray_FromAny() with a PyArrayInterface object

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 05:56:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to understand (but perhaps everything is in the numpy book in
which case I'd rather buy the book immediately) how to use the
PyArray_FromAny() function.
Suppose I have a C object (created by Pyrex or SWIG or Boost.Python) that
has the __array_struct__ attribute. Can I pass this object to the
PyArray_FromAny() function to get a PyArrayObject ?
If it is not the case, if I have a PyCObject created with a
PyArrayInterface, is it possible ?
I read on a mailing-list that there is the context argument that can be
passed to an __array__ method. What is the purpose of this __array__ method
? I don't recollect anything regarding this method :(

Matthieu