[Numpy-discussion] Partially merging scons into trunk ?

Bryce Hendrix bhendrix at enthought.com
Mon Oct 15 13:08:52 EDT 2007

I've only been following this thread on the perimeter, so I'm not sure
if "makefile" migration has been discussed. I have a script I wrote
about a year ago when we (Enthought) were looking at using SCons for our
internal builds. The script is capable of generating SConscript files
from setup.py scripts. It works by faking a build with distutils and
uses those build steps to generate the scons targets.

The script is not complete, for example 'weave' confuses it, but it
could be a good starting point. If anyone is interested in it, I'll post
it to the list.

Bryce