[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.0.4 release

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 17:53:49 EDT 2007

On 10/20/07, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
And I
> hope that in the end, scons will be used for numpy (for 1.1 ?), once I
> finish the conversion.
>
> I don't see situations where adding 350 Kb in the tarball can be an
> issue, so could you tell me what the problem would be ?

Then if numpy is going to use scons for build itself in the near
future, then there is no problem, and including scons in numpy tarball
is good from the user side.

Just a final observation. Try to make it possible to reuse a scons
other than that included in numpy tarball. Packagers would be happy
with this.

Regards,

--
Lisandro Dalcín