[Numpy-discussion] vectorizing loops

Timothy Hochberg tim.hochberg at ieee.org
Wed Oct 31 14:51:37 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007 3:18 AM, Francesc Altet <faltet at carabos.com> wrote:

[SNIP]

> Incidentally, all the improvements of the PyTables flavor of numexpr
> have been reported to the original authors, but, for the sake of
> keeping numexpr simple, they decided to implement only some of them.
> However, people is encouraged to try out the Pytables flavor from:

My original concern was that we'd start overflowing the code cache and
slow things down. Some experiments seemed to confirm this on some
processors, but it then turned out those were in error. At least
that's my recollection. Because of that, and because PyTables is, as
far as I know, the major user of numexpr, I suspect I'd be fine
putting those changes in now. I say "suspect" since it's been a long
time since I looked at the relevant patches, and I should probably
look at those again before I commit myself. I just haven't had the
free time and motivation to go back and look at the patches.  I can't
speak for David though.

--
.  __
.   |-\