[Numpy-discussion] [distutils] Best way to add compiler specific library path ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Sep 16 06:05:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

    While trying to add support for sunperf to numpy.distutils, I came
across a simple problem I am not sure how to solve best. I installed the
sun compilers for Linux, they are somewhere in my $HOME directory
($HOME/opt/sunstudio/bin). The problem is, when using the fortran
compiler, some libraries are automatically linked (the ones in
fcompiler/sun.py), which causes the build to fail by default because the
libraries are in installation path of sun compilers
($HOME/opt/sunstudio/lib).
    Wouldn't it make sense to add the suncompiler/lib as a library path
automatically for the compiler suncompiler/bin ? If yes, how should I do
it ?

    cheers,

    David