[Numpy-discussion] Using the numpy buildbot for svn branches ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Sep 24 08:05:57 EDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher wrote:

>     Thanks Pearu, there is indeed such a dialog, I just didn't think it
>     would be possible to use the buildbot without any kind of login/pass.
>

> That's one of the drawbacks of buildbot.
>

>     But unfortunately, I don't seem to get how to set up a different
>     url: if
>     I use branches/numpy.scons as a branch name, it does not work
>     (there are
>     two failed builds because of unfound url), and if I set the whole url
>     (http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/numpy.scons
>     <http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/numpy.scons>), nothing
>     seems to
>     happen.
>

> It should have worked with the first solution. Did you try "trunk", to
> see if it works ?
It does not seem to work with only trunk.
> Is there somewhere the configuration file of the buildbot ?
> with this line for the SVN step, it should work :
>
> factory.addStep(SVN, baseURL="http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/",
> defaultBranch="trunk")
I don't know if this is relevant, but in the html generated from the
trace, there is the following
(http://buildbot.scipy.org/Linux%20x86%20Ubuntu/builds/131/step-svn/0)

svnurl    'http://scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk'
Locals
branch    'branches/numpy.scons'

Which may indicate that trunk is hardcoded in the svn url ?