[Numpy-discussion] missing function in numpy.ma?

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Tue Apr 1 11:07:41 EDT 2008

Hi Pierre,

I"m ccing Bob on this, he's the main developper for cdms2 package. At
this point I think Travis original suggestion was the best. We should
leave it like it was for 1.0.5 There's a lot of changes to do in order
to get the backward compatibility going. And I feel it should wait until
1.1. I don't feel comfortable doing all these changes and releasing our
software like this. It's a major change and it needs to be tested for a
while.  OUr users are massively hammering the MA and rely on it so much.
Although I do see the usefulness of the new ma and at term I believe it
has major merits to be used instead of oldnumeric.ma.

Your thoughts?

C.