[Numpy-discussion] Project for Cython integration with NumPy

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Tue Apr 1 16:54:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:48:30PM +0200, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> though we might add a different syntax for type declaration (using
> decorators) so that the same code can also be run using the Python
> interpreter.)

That would be very neat. I can see how you can get around dynamical
typing in a very nice way using this. As the pypy projects says, giving a
dynamically-typed language to people does not necessarily means they type
dynamically-typed code.

I must say I like the idea a lot, you are really pushing the concept all
the way.

Gaël