[Numpy-discussion] missing function in numpy.ma?

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Tue Apr 1 18:01:13 EDT 2008

Charles Doutriaux wrote:
> Hi Travis,
> Ok we're almost there, in my test suite i get:
>     maresult = numpy.core.ma.take(ta, indices, axis=axis)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ma'
>     data = numpy.core.ma.take(ax[:], indices)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ma'

I think the problem here is that numpy.core.ma is no longer the correct
place.    This should be

numpy.oldnumeric.ma.take  because numpy.oldnumeric.ma is the correct
location.

In my mind you shouldn't really have been using "numpy.core.ma", but
instead numpy.ma because whether things are in core or lib could change
;-)

-Travis