[Numpy-discussion] Behavior of __array_wrap__?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:38:23 EDT 2008

Travis,

Thanks.  Here is the text from the numpybook that was confusing me:

>From section 9.1.2 on ufuncs:

The ufuncs can also all take output arguments. The output will be cast if
necessary to the provided output array. If a class with an array method is used
for the output, results will be written to the ob ject returned by
array . Then,
if the class also has an array wrap method, the returned ndarray result will be
passed to that method just before passing control back to the caller.

I can easily work around this for now though, so it is not a problem.

Cheers,

Brian