[Numpy-discussion] Simple financial functions for NumPy

Joris De Ridder Joris.DeRidder at ster.kuleuven.be
Fri Apr 4 12:17:20 EDT 2008

On 04 Apr 2008, at 16:11, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> <snip>
> There are only two reasons that I can think of right now to keep
> them in
> NumPy instead of moving them to SciPy.
>
> 1) These are "basic" functions and a scipy toolkit would contain
> much more.

Isn't this something you want to avoid? Functionality in two different
packages: a small kit of functions in NumPy, and (eventually) another
large toolkit in scipy. One package only, would be more convenient I
think.

I agree with Gaël that it's not really consistent with the NumPy/SciPy
philosophy either. :-).
So, I would prefer to see this nice functionality in SciPy rather than
in NumPy.

Joris