[Numpy-discussion] packaging scipy (was Re: Simple financial functions for NumPy)

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 7 17:26:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:21:41PM +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> It doesn't matter *what* these completions are -- they're still there.
>  Sifting through 500 options isn't fun

I get more than that when I tab in an empty shell on my box.

:-}

Why do you expect to be able to inspect a module of the size of numpy
with tab-completion. I agree that for this usecase (which is more a
question of discovering/exploring the API than using it) a nested
namespace is better. And as I think this usecase is valid, this is why I
like the proposition of having an "api" submodule, with a nested
namespace.

My two cents,

Gaël