[Numpy-discussion] numpyx.pyx (recent svn) works?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:55:57 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Travis E. Oliphant
<oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:

>  I say just add it.  We should move forward with Cython.   More important
>  is to see if random actually builds with Cython right now.  There was an
>  issue that I recall from a few weeks ago that Cython could not build the
>  pyrex extension in NumPy.

OK, I'll play with random for a bit.

BTW, the original 'bug' that started this thread is due to a change in
Cython's casting behavior explained here:

http://wiki.cython.org/DifferencesFromPyrex

it's fixed with a simple extra (void *) cast as shown here:

    print 'Printing array info for ndarray at 0x%0lx'% \
          (<Py_intptr_t><void *>arr,)

I just committed that code to the bzr branch.

In summary:

1. Do you want me to obliterate the old numpy/doc/pyrex and replace it
with numpy/doc/cython? That would make it clear what the tool to use
is...

2. I'll work on random and report shortly.

Cheers,