[Numpy-discussion] numpyx.pyx (recent svn) works?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 02:25:13 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

>  2. I'll work on random and report shortly.

As far as I can tell, there are no problems at all.  I'm running

bic128[scipy]$ cython --version
Cython version 0.9.6.12

This is both on 64-bit Fedora 8 and 32-bit Ubuntu 7.10.  I made sure I
was actually running off the newly generated C code written out by
cython instead of the old pyrex one.

If all agree, we can push the C sources and the generate_mtrand script
as a single commit where I don't touch *anything* else. That way the
buildbots can run the tests, and if that C commit changes anything,
then it's easy to back off.

I scanned the sources for a while, and the only other file that has
significant amounts of pyrex mention is build_src.py:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/numpy/distutils/command/build_src.py

I'd rather not touch that file yet, since distutils isn't exactly my
favorite code to mess with :)

So I'd like to know whether people would want to see this one isolated
commit to happen, for the buildbots to test things out on other
platforms or not.

I can also make the patch available somewhere (it's huge, since it
involves the auto-generated mtrand.c file) if you all prefer...

Cheers,