[Numpy-discussion] vander() docstring

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Apr 9 13:07:24 EDT 2008

On 09/04/2008, Andreas Klöckner <lists at informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> On Mittwoch 26 März 2008, Charles R Harris wrote:
>  > The docstring is incorrect. The Vandermonde matrix produced is compatible
>  > with numpy polynomials that also go from high to low powers. I would have
>  > done it the other way round, so index matched power, but that isn't how it
>  > is.

I've never seen the vector powers that way around in literature.
Shouldn't we fix it to correspond to the (vast) majority of
publications?

I'm also somewhat skeptical about including 2-liners like these in the
main numpy namespace, but we've been there this week already, so I'll
keep quiet :)

Regards
Stéfan