[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] F2PY future

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:28:19 EDT 2008

>  Another option: the IPython people have been using launchpad.net (
>  https://launchpad.net/ipython ) -- it supports bzr. I'm not sure how
>  happy they are with it, but I think happy enough to stick with it rather
>  than attempt to get a server with hg set up. IIRC, they did initially
>  marginally prefer hg over bzr but the immediate availability of bzr
>  hosting swung them over.

I can't speak for the rest of the ipython dev team, but overall, we
have really liked the bzr+launchpad combo.  We haven't made a final
decision to stick with it, but I imagine we will (everyone has been
very happy so far with it).  Bottom line: we have been better able to
collaborate and the admin side of things has been essentially 0.  We
all like hg as well, but having the supernice hosting on launchpad
really makes a difference.

Brian