[Numpy-discussion] F2PY future

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Apr 13 20:58:36 EDT 2008

Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> To add my view to the comments of Fernando and Brian, I am _very_ happy
> with the workflow, and a bit disappointed by the usability of launchpad.
> Hopefully it will get better.

Well, it got better. At first, it was really unusable, I could not even
find how to fill bugs :) Still far from being really good at this point,
unfortunately, but launchpad being official one of the cashcow of
cannonical, I guess it will be improved. On the bzr side of things, one
of the bzr developer (Aaron Bentley) was hired by Canonical to work
officialy on better integration between launchpad and bzr a few months
ago. I would really like to be able to check most of the bug-related
informations from bzr directly (for now, only marking bug as solved in
one branch is possible, AFAIK).

cheers,

David