[Numpy-discussion] Win32 installer: please test it

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:37:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:07 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Jarrod Millman wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > David Cournapeau has prepared a new win32 installer, which is aimed at
>  > solving the recurring problem of non working atlas on different sets
>  > of CPU. This installer simply checks which cpu you have, and installs
>  > the appropriate numpy accordingly (without atlas if your cpu is not
>  > supported). Windows users, please test the installer, and report
>  > problems with it; we hope to use this scheme for all numpy and scipy
>  > installers in the future.
>
>  Sorry for being insistent, but I would really like to get rid of those
>  windows/sse* problems once for all for numpy/scipy, and this means
>  having people to test the installer.

Maybe your insistence might be more effective if it included the link
part of the message. :-)

"""
Download from here:
https://cirl.berkeley.edu/numpy/numpy-superpack-python2.5.exe
"""

I'll give it a try.  I've been meaning to upgrade my numpy for a while now.

--bb