[Numpy-discussion] Win32 installer: please test it

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 14 00:08:56 EDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Seems to work here now, too!
>
> It doesn't tell you in an easy to see place what version of SSE it
> decides to use.  Do you think that's ok?

I simply did not think it was useful information. How would you like to
get the information ? To be honest, I do not want to spend too much time
on this (I do not use windows at all): I was just really fed up with all
the messages about numpy crashes on windows, and wanted a quick, working
solution.

I intend to put everything necessary to create those installers in some
place on the scipy.org website of somewhere else in a near future, so
that other people can contribute and enhance (the big part is actually
another installer, which I annouced a few weeks ago, and which contain
blas/lapack and ATLAS for both mingw and vs-based builds, as well as a
bunch of scripts to regenerate all of them automatically).

cheers,

David