[Numpy-discussion] Release of NumPy

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 15 02:33:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Alan G Isaac <aisaac at american.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Charles R Harris apparently wrote:
>  > Let's not rush 1.1, then.
>
>  Will matrix behavior change in 1.1, as discussed from time
>  to time?  Perhaps it just takes a very small change in __getitem__:
>  <URL:http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg07363.html>

Given that the next release will be 1.1, I think it is reasonable to
include a few additional API breaks.  But I would prefer that we focus
on fixing bugs and not introducing new ones, so I would strongly
encourage everyone to be *very* conservative in adding new features or
API breaks at this point.  Those are just general comments, I don't
have any particular opinion on your specific question.  I would be
interested in what other people think.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley