[Numpy-discussion] Matrix Class [was numpy release]

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 29 00:52:24 EDT 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 10:47 PM, Bill Spotz wrote:

> As for this example, my version should work with a properly
> implemented sparse_matrix A, but the array approach precludes that.
> That is to say, I could convert A to a matrix if it is provided as an
> array, but you could not convert a sparse_matrix to an array.

I may be jumping to conclusions here.  We could conceivably implement
a sparse_array class upon which the sparse_matrix class is based.

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **