[Numpy-discussion] Bilateral filter

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:00:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Nadav Horesh apparently wrote:
> As much as I know, the python's community is bound to the
> BSD style licence. I was hoping that the code would be
> included in scipy, after I would attach the required
> declaration (I do not know which), and maybe with some
> adjustment to the coding style.

> In short, for the next few days I am waiting for comments
> and responses that would enable me to donate the code to
> an existing project (scipy? pyvision?). Meanwhile I'll
> improve the co a bit. If you can't wait, and not willing
> to use the code without a licence statement, I'll repost
> the code with the scipy's licence declaration.

I had a little trouble understanding what you meant above.
So just to be clear...

If you offer the code now under a BSD license, that
will be acceptable to SciPy.  Additionally, I cannot
imagine a project (including GPL projects) who would
find the BSD license a problem.  That is one of the
great things about the BSD and MIT licenses!

Also, just to be clear, if you release as BSD and
later wish to also release your code under another
license, you can do so.

Finally, anyone would be foolish to use the code
without your permission, and once you give your
permission your are licensing the code, so you
may as well be clear from the start.

IANAL,
Alan Isaac