[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.2.0b2 released

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Fri Aug 15 00:00:09 EDT 2008

>> is it really necessary to label these dmg's for 10.5 only?
> No.  This is done automatically by the tool used to build the mpkg.
> I'll look at changing this to 10.4, thanks for the reminder.

If the dmg name is generated from the distribution name that the
python distutils makes (e.g. macosx-10.5-i386-2.5), then the following
may be of note:
It appears that the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable
controls (among other things) the distutils name. I generally set mine
to 10.4, or even 10.3, depending on whether anything that I'm building
requires later features (I'm pretty sure that numpy builds don't.)

Zach