[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.2.0b2 released

Jon Wright wright at esrf.fr
Fri Aug 15 07:21:03 EDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> Hey,
>
> NumPy 1.2.0b2 is now available.  Please test this so that we can
> uncover any problems ASAP.
>
> Windows binary:
> http://www.enthought.com/~gvaroquaux/numpy-1.2.0b2-win32.zip

Hello Again,

It seems the new release breaks matplotlib, for those pauvres who are
using pre-compiled at least. If this means all C-modules compiled
against numpy have to be recompiled, then this will make me very unhappy.

-Jon
----

H:\>c:\python25\python -c "import matplotlib; print
matplotlib.__version__; import matplotlib.pylab"
0.98.3
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000009 of C-API but this
version of numpy is 100000a
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pylab.py", line 206,
in <module>
     from matplotlib import mpl  # pulls in most modules
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mpl.py", line 1, in
<module>
     from matplotlib import artist
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\artist.py", line 4, in
<module>
     from transforms import Bbox, IdentityTransform, TransformedBbox,
TransformedPath
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\transforms.py", line
34, in <module>
     from matplotlib._path import affine_transform
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import