[Numpy-discussion] C-API change for 1.2

Jon Wright wright at esrf.fr
Sat Aug 16 05:34:51 EDT 2008

Travis, Stéfan,

I missed Travis mail previously. Are you *really* sure you want force
all C code which uses numpy arrays to be recompiled? If you mean that
all your matplotlib/PIL/pyopengl/etc users are going to have to make a
co-ordinated upgrade, then this seems to be a grave mistake. Does
Stéfan's patch fix this problem to avoid all C code being recompiled? A
co-ordinated recompile of *all* C code using numpy is certainly not a
minimal effect!

I really hope you can find a way around the recompiling, it is really a
problem for anyone trying to distribute code as a python module for windows.

Jon