[Numpy-discussion] Possible new multiplication operators for Python

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:59:15 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 17:00, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
> There is some inconsistency though, for example one can override A() +
> A(), but one cannot override 1 + 1. This could (should) be fixed
> somehow.

This is getting off-topic, but I really hope that never changes. The
difference between A.__add__ and int.__add__ is that you are defining
A. Python defines int. If you mess with fundamental types like that,
you will break other libraries and must confine yourself to just code
that you've written.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."