[Numpy-discussion] Possible new multiplication operators for Python

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Aug 18 21:23:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 04:28:55PM -0400, Alan G Isaac wrote:
> That said, what kind of problems do you have in mind?

A lot of software still don't deal well with unicode (wxPython's unicode
situation under windows, for instance, in "interesting"). But wht I am
most worried about is not being able to enter the symbol, because I am in
an editor I don't know, and the symbol is not on my keyboard. This has
happened to me more than once with unicode. So I see the losss, and not
the gain.

I actually think PEP 225 is pretty good. I have not big opinion about "~"
vs "@".

Gaël