[Numpy-discussion] numpy build fail under cygwin (Vista)

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 18:17:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:21 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Charles Doutriaux <doutriaux1 at llnl.gov> wrote:
>> Thx David,
>>
>> Is there any plans on applying the suggested fix into numpy ?
>
> Ha, I was not aware we used any asm in numpy, which is why I did not
> think it could be a numpy problem. I commented on the ticket, and
> there is definitely something wrong in the code, but I don't get why
> it worked before (since the asm instruction take a 2 bytes, and we
> feed them with 4 bytes values).

Ok, I applied one change to fenv.c/fenv.h which seems to solve the
problem, but I have no idea why: I still don't understand why using an
int with an instruction expecting a word can work, but I don't know
much about gcc inline asm syntax anyway. The change is taken from
FreeBSD, from which the original file is coming from, and it looks
like we should do the change anyway.

Another problem is that I can't make nose test find any test under
cygwin (I applied the change to both trunk and 1.1.x branches, and on
1.1.x, all but one tests pass, the failure not being related to this).

cheers,

David