[Numpy-discussion] ImportError: No module named my_module

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 13:58:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:55, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> find . -name example.py
>>
>> in my svn/numpy directory yields
>>
>> ./doc/example.py
>> ./doc/newdtype_example/example.py
>
> Ah - how strange - I just tried deleting my doc directory and checking
> it out again, and don't have those files or directory...

He's talking about the root trunk/doc/ directory (named svn/numpy/doc/
on his machine), not the trunk/numpy/doc/ directory. However, the file
that is getting picked up earlier is installed into site-packages,
meaning it is from an old installation.

Nils, remove the site-packages/numpy/ directory and reinstall numpy.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco