[Numpy-discussion] numpy.random and multiprocessing

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:49:50 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 07:20, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> The take home message is:
> **call 'numpy.random.seed()' when you are using multiprocessing**

Create RandomState objects and use those. This is a best practice
whether you are using multiprocessing or not. The module-level
functions really should only be used for noodling around in IPython.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco