[Numpy-discussion] building numpy trunk on WindowsXP

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 00:12:44 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM, David Cournapeau <
david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
> > I just tried to build numpy for the first time, on Windows XP SP2,
> > sse2, single CPU with MingW 3.45, Python25
> >
> > I used `setup.py bdist` and copied extracted archive into
> > sitepackages, (so I can delete it again)
> >

> You can also use bdist_wininst, which will create a binary installer,
> with uninstall feature.
>
> > Are the errors and failures below expected, or did my build not work
> correctly?
> >

> I have not seen the io ones, but I have not tested numpy on windows
> recently, so they may be regressions or new tests which do not pass on
> windows.

I think the io errors used to show up on the windows buildbots, something to
do with temp files and permissions on windows. Some of the formatting errors
look like missing values, i.e., it's just stuff that happened to be in some
memory location.

Chuck