[Numpy-discussion] genloadtxt : last call

Ryan May rmay31 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 11:51:57 EST 2008

Pierre GM wrote:
> Ryan,
> OK, I'll look into that. I won't have time to address it before this
> next week, however. Option #2 looks like the best.

No hurries, I just want to make sure I raise any issues I see while the design is
still up for change.

> In other news, I was considering renaming genloadtxt to genfromtxt,
> and using ndfromtxt, mafromtxt, recfromtxt, recfromcsv for the
> function names. That way, loadtxt is untouched.

+1
I know I've changed my tune here, but at this point it seems like there's so much
more functionality here that calling it loadtxt would be a disservice to how much
the new function can do (and how much work you've done).

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant