[Numpy-discussion] Is it possible with numpy?

olfa mraihi olfa.mraihi at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 24 05:55:37 EST 2008

Hello Numpy community,
I want to know if Numpy could deal with symbolic arrays and lists (by
symbolic I mean without specifying the concrete contents of list or
array)
For example I want to solve a system of equations containing lists and
arrays like this
solve(x+Sum[A[k],k=i..N]==y+Sum[B[k],k=m..N],
j-Length[C]==l-Length[D],
 z/(c ^ i)==t/(c ^ h),
u+1==2*v-3w,
v=f(f(w)))
(here A and B are arrays; C et D are lists;
x,y,z,t,j,l,i,h,u,v,w are variables that could be of type integer or real, c is a constant and f is a function):

Thank you very much.
Yours faithfully,

Olfa MRAIHI